Absence Management Review
Our experience has been with a wide variety of organisations. We have a track record in improving processes and reducing absence.
Our consultancy provides:
• Market knowledge
• Research skills
• Contacts with successful schemes
• Knowledge and experience of success
• Knowledge of HR and Workplace Wellbeing
• Access to experts, organisations etc
What is the process?
You will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will:
a) Set up the stakeholder survey and support distribution
b) Evidence gather
c) Carry out a detailed needs assessment with programme champion
d) Analyse data and spend/costs
e) Create the report
f) Meet with you to discuss the report.
What benefits can we expect?
The results will highlight any issues about the current and/or future strategy and will also look critically at interventions, spend and data management. It will provide you with a clear view of ‘where we are now’ and the basis for effective future strategy development
Although we cannot guarantee a reduction in absence we are very confident that our approach will produce good results
We suggest an initial audit followed by a 6 and 12 month review.
Wellbeing4business Ltd brought to the table a wealth of experience in the Occupational Health and Employee wellbeing field and gave us a clear independent view of where we are now enabling us to build a strategy on how we should tackle absence and promote a positive wellbeing culture. As a result, long term absence has reduced by 30% and our overall absence rate has dropped. We have seen real cost savings as a result, but more importantly it means our staffs are well to care for patients. Mandy Coalter, Director of HR & OD, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
Key focus #1
Data collection: How the organisation collects data and ensures integrity.
Data reporting How the organisation reviews the data, reports
Data driven interventions: How the organisation uses data to shape future intervention..
- Our experience with retail food distributor was to create documentation to define future project parameters on long term absence. The project resulted in a reduction in long term absence.
- Our experience with a Hospital was to review data process and make recommendations. The project resulted in a 6 month reduction of long term absence.
- To identify best practice metrics for managing attendee and provide a document that summarises the key factors
- To critique current process and entry rules
- To recommend how data can be used within the business to proactively and reactively manage absence interventions using data.
- A NEW draft MI report will be produced.
Key focus #2
- Integration of providers
- Communication with line managers and the relationship between OH/HR/Line Management.
Our expertise is to look at how the policy and communications material ensures clarity of instruction to line managers and results in a compliant approach.
Our work for a University helped to create an action plan to adapt policy and clarify triggers and early intervention pathways for MSD and mental health.
- To critique current policy and provide guidance on compliance processes
Key focus #3
Targeting:: Targeting issues or hot spots – e.g. mental health, MSD, long term absence with early intervention
Service integration: Maximizing the value of interventions
The relationship between these three parties is crucial in providing an integrated solution.Our specialism in this area with all clients has been in the auditing and transformation of lines of communication.
A council set up case tracking conferences to ensure all parties could discuss case progress at various defined stages
- To critique processes
- To produce a document review of best practice solutions
- To review best practice methodologies in up skiling line managers to achieve appropriate and timely intervention
- To critique referral pathways and review holistic vocational rehabilitation models
- To produce a document review of best practice solutions for fast track/early interventions