Golf and mental health
It is estimated that 1 in 6 people in the past week experienced a common mental health problem in the UK. Applying this statistic to golf club members – for every Saturday competition involving around 120 people, 20 people will have experienced a mental health problem that week
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
ACCREDITED COURSE SUITABLE FOR GOLFERS, PROFESSIONALS AND CLUB MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES
Having Mental Health First Aiders will be an incredible asset to any golf club
Our Online Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
The course provides
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
Learning takes place across four manageable 2 hour sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit the number of people per course from 8-16 so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it.
- A MHFA workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
£175 per person. Clubs can subsidise their members entry fee’s if they wish too. Alternatively, each members can pay online.
What you need to take part
As this is an online course you will need a computer. Aged 18+
2021 Course dates:
The course comprises of 4 x 2 hour sessions and is delivered online
Session 1 – 6th April
Session 2 – 8th April
Session 3 – 13th April
Session 4 – 15th April
More about us…
Wellbeing4business Ltd specialises in Occupational Health & Wellbeing at Work. Over the past 15+ years we have provided Strategic Consultancy, Occupational Health Audits and service transformation to over 20 NHS Trusts.
We also provide a wide range of online/remote wellbeing services including challenges, group online coaching, wellbeing websites and Mental Health First Aid training.
We aim to enhance the reputation of Occupational health, bring a business driven approach in managing workplace wellbeing and support as many individuals as possible in improving their wellbeing.