NEW Health Balance Audit
We are pleased to announce the launch of a comprehensive and cost effective strategic health balance product.
This looks at all aspects of occupational health and wellbeing and helps formulate a strategy.
It has been designed by experienced practitioners with decades of experience in working with numerous organisations across a range of sectors including the public and private sectors.
What is a Health Balance?
The Health Balance is an online needs assessment questionnaire which is completed by Board members, key management and staff and trusted stakeholders where appropriate. There are over 100 questions about various aspects of strategy and strategic planning. The responses are analysed by our team, and we report back to you with a clear assessment of your overall strategic health, and your strengths and weaknesses.
Why carry out a Health Balance?
Companies with clear strategies with ‘buy-in’ from all the key stakeholders are those most likely to be successful and achieve their short and long term goals. There are many examples of company failures or difficulties caused by a wrong strategic choice or poor implementation of strategy. In most cases this is preventable. Every organisation, no matter how successful it is, needs a sense check from time to time.
How was this developed?
This is the result of many years work by our experienced Wellbeing and HR consultants who have worked with organisations such as Crossrail, Hampshire County Council and Sheffield University in an auditing and strategy development capacity. We also sat on Dame Carol Black’s OH Advisory Group. We have audited over 75 organisations in the last 15 years.
What is the process?
You will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will:
- Set up the stakeholder survey and support distribution
- Evidence gather
- Carry out a detailed needs assessment with programme champion
- Analyse data and spend/costs
- Create the report
- Meet with you to discuss the report.
What topics are covered?
The questions cover three areas; Strategic Fit, Operational Fit and Health and Wellbeing Status. We also look at absence data and spend on wellbeing.
What benefits can we expect?
The results will highlight any issues about the current and/or future strategy and will also look critically at interventions, spend and data management. It will provide you with a clear view of ‘where we are now’ and the basis for effective future strategy development.
This indicates the extent to which employee health strategies are aligned to overall business goals and stated employee wellbeing pogrammes.
- Our experience with an energy company identified a weak alignment of the OH service with core business drivers. The business wanted to increase performance and improve culture. Services were reactive and focused on risk management.
- Our experience with a Health Board resulted in a re-write of the staff wellbeing policy, setting up over 100 wellbeing champions and introducing paper light, online processes.
- To identify strategic fit
- To critique current strategies and action plans
- To clearly understand SMT drivers
- To recommend how the Fit can be improved.
- To review existing programmes
- To audit effectiveness, efficiency and value
Our expertise across both proactive and reactive wellbeing interventions enables us to look closely at branding, communication, processes and evaluate operational effectiveness .
Our work for a Construction Company helped to reshape the way MSD and mental health interventions are delivers and tighten up SLA’s
- To critique current programmes and provide guidance on effectiveness, value and efficiency.
- To create standards to which services are evaluated against
Health and wellbeing status
Employee Wellbeing Profile
- Through surveying staff on current wellbeing risks and behaviour we can determine the average number of health risks that collectively employees display.
- Survey data will identify key risks and willingness to change
We built the the UK’s first Health Risk Appraisal in 2003. Since then we have designed and reported on a vast array of wellbeing surveys..
A recent survey achieved 76% completion rate and identified key health issues sch as cancer, msk and sleep.
The survey calculated an engagement potential rating of 65% for future interventions
- To design a survey
- To review data
- To produce a report
- To identify best practice solutions to impact health and behavior