Occupational health and wellbeing audits
Does your Occupational health and wellbeing programme needs to FIT business needs, offer VALUE and is COST effective? Book a FREE initial consultation.
Occupational health and wellbeing audits
Measure the success of key programmes
Evaluate spend vs. value
Assess wellbeing behaviour/interest in change of staff
Suggest and support the development of a wellbeing strategy
Evaluate your Occupational health service
Whether you are just starting to build your Occupational health and wellbeing programmes or have an established services our audits and consultancy will provide practical information and guidance. All audits involve an interactive question and answer session where we will carry out a detailed needs assessment. We will then formulate a report and guide you through some ideas for future interventions.
Common questions that we will answer:
- How do you get leadership backing?
- How do you build a sustainable Occupational health and welbeing service?
- How do you develop a mental health/resilience strategy?
- How do you build useful management information?
- How do I get the best provider? Should I outsource?
- Are we managing risk well?
- Is our referral process too Dr heavy?
- Which processes are, or could, deliver better results?
- What are the actions that consistently deliver returns?
- How do you modernise the Occupational health and welbeing service and build customer value?
- How do you utilise MI data better?
- How and where do I need to invest time and resources How can we manage long term sickness better?
- How do we build a better tender?
- How do we build well branded and engaging service?
- How can we look after the 80% well not the 20% ill?
- How do you know that the clinical structures being used by your Counselling/EAP service are the right ones?
- How can I transform this Occupational health and welbeing unit?
Gloucester County Council
Wellbeing4business Ltd began work with GCC began with an OH and Wellbeing Audit presented in January 2009. The project saved 23% of original budget.
Kings College Hospital
Our work enabled us to reduce costs on OH by £500,000, redevelop a more visible and efficient service and introduce new concepts such as a vocational rehabilitation service and overall wellbeing strategy. In 2011 we successfully merged the trusts OH service with the South London and Maudsley.
Hampshire County Council
Reduced triage timeline from 6 weeks to <5 days for counselling, introduction of telephone triage and counselling reduced throughput to face to face counselling by 60% reducing counselling headcount by 45%, achieved +85% manager satisfaction ratings with new referral process, reduced external counselor headcount, supervision time and adapted resources to meet demand, introduced online forms to reduce error and speed up processes , kept DNA rate <5%, reduced physician encounters from 61% to less than 30%
HEFT NHS Trust – absence savings estimated at 2 days per person (16k more days of work), reduction of £1.9m on average pay costs of staff that are off sick, reputation of HR and OH improved as absence has big impact on quality of patient care and costs.
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre – average of days lost to sickness absence per employee reduced from 8.4% to 7.3%, occupational Health referrals for psychological problems has reduced by 83%, days lost due to absence for psychological reasons reduced by 25%, 56% of staff feels that the Trust is committed to staff health and wellbeing
GlaxoSmithKline in 2004/5 enabled us to implement a health risk appraisal programme (The WELL programme) that achieved uptake of 53% to 89% across the business including office/manufacturing business units. The programme was the catalyst for the GSK Road Map and Employee Health Management programme.
Heart of England NHS Trust in 2008/9 enabled us to develop an integrated wellbeing strategy that helped the Trust to reduce absence and engage senior leaders in Energy and Vitality. The energy management programme for the Top50 resulted in 92% improving their energy levels, 82% felt more engaged at work and 87% more engaged at home, concentration improved by 40%, 14% were happier in life and mental sharpness improved by 39%.
We have enabled our clients to enter and win numerous prestigious awards such as Personnel Today and Employee Benefits’. Out the City of York schools picked up three awards in 2003.