The Well Programme for SchoolsImproving wellbeing and reducing stress in schools.
We have an extensive history in school staff wellbeing. In 2003 we won Employee Benefits Awards for our work with City of York Schools on stress and have continued to support schools, universities an colleges on improving staff wellbeing.
We provide a comprehensive school physical wellbeing and stress management programme built specifically schools and cluster groups.
The Well Programme for Schools:
Personal health coaching
- Each term your dedicated health coach will provide personal wellbeing consultations with staff.
- These confidential appointments with a dedicated health coach last 20-30 minutes and review current health status, behaviour and personal objectives. The session concludes with participants choosing a goal to work on with their coach and agreeing their personal action plan.
- Participants are offered the opportunity to download the WELL1-2-1 app to track their daily health habits.
- Once enrolled they have free use of the app during the year and can chat to the online health coach who will provide guidance, information and the occasional nudge to kick start and motivate participants.
- Participants can choose to opt into a 60 day personal coaching programme with the health coach if they have a particular goal
Onsite health checks
Our dedicated health coach will provide 30 minute health checks onsite. These lifestyle assessments include:
- blood pressure
- body fat
- BMI height/weight ratio
- lung function
The health coach will review the results and discuss a plan of action
Following the health check participants can complete the health assessor which evaluates lifestyle health risk such as exercise, sleep, mental health, alcohol, smoking, musculoskeletal and work life balance – more
Health tracking app
All staff can use the WELL 1-2-1 health tracking app throughout the year. The WELL 1-2-1 App can be download from App Store or Google play.
Staff can then opt into programmes by opting to connect to a coach.
The app can connect to: wearable technology such as Fitbit and Garmin and many more Running and cycling apps such as Apple health, Strava, Runkkeeper and Daily Mile. This allows the user to see everything in one place. The app can also manually track 6 different topics including hydration, nutrition, activity, sleep, indulgences and weight.
Coaches are able to view an individuals data and provide behavioural support and motivate individually or as a group. The community function allows people to post messages in an internal groups and connect with other users worldwide.
Self help information
Every month we send staff a wellbeing bulletin and monthly top tips poster to display in the staff room. Each member of staff can access a wellbeing internet site containing self help resources. Resources include fact sheets, videos, 4 week programmes and links to useful additional resources.
School stress management support
- We provide a dedicated stress management expert to support senior management in managing staff stress
- This online coaching support provides the opportunity to discuss stress management strategies and advise on issues that present themselves.
- The school also has access to our StressHUB Website containing team and individual risk assessment resources and management guidance.
Staff can take part in an annual wellbeing challenge. We have 9 topics to choose from. All challenges run for 4 weeks and are run through the WELL 1-2-1 app.
We can also provide the opportunity to run a challenge for parents and the community to fund raise if desired.
Save Up To
If you purchase as part of a cluster group
Get Started Today
School staff wellbeing programmes are costed according to the size of school.
If a school wants to join as part of an alliance with a neighbouring school or cluster group that’s fine. All contracts last 12 months from the start date and therefore it doesn’t matter when you join us.