Mental health solutions to support employees and managers
NEWS THIS WEEK: Manage workplace stress – train your staff – Mental Health First Aid 2 day online Adult Courses. Open & private courses available.
WORKPLACE STRESS MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Comply with workplace stress legislation, tackle major sources of pressure and empower managers.
Option 1 – Workplace stress management strategy
Providing best practice solutions to Workplace stress risk areas are only one part of the jigsaw. An effective solution involves the development of a Mental Health Strategy that integrates health into the specific areas of the business such as:
- Occupational health and safety
- Human resources
- Key performance indicators – absence and performance
- Personal development
Wellbeing4business specialise in Integrating Health Strategy. Our team of consultants can help you develop a Workplace stress/Mental Health Strategy based on the information from the Pressure Profile and a review of existing policies and interventions. We will also add strategic thinking in relation to managing COVID-19 related stressors
Option 2 – Pressure Profile Workplace Stress Risk Assessment
Wellbeing4business believes in fully auditing a workforce to enable a full “Stress Landscape” to be developed. To do this it uses a tool named the Pressure Profile. The Pressure Profile was developed using best practice research from the Pressure Management Indicator (PMI), which was originally developed from the OSI and HSE Management Standards.
The profile is a bespoke questionnaire, which can be completed online and has scales that are categorised into the three main elements of the stress process – sources of pressure (stressors), coping skills and effects. COVID-19 questions have also been added. A comprehensive group report allows an organisation to gain feedback on it’s hot spots and stress risk factors.
Option 3 – Online Focus Groups
Focus groups can be carried out onsite or online to either supplement the distribution of the Pressure Profile or as a single intervention. We can facilitate these groups with well-experienced consultants who ensure confidential and open discussions. These sessions employ a solutions focused approach and provide detailed management reports. Ideally groups should be organised in 1.5-hour sessions, with 10-15 participants. They should cover employees and management.
Option 4 – Online Line Manager Coaching Programme.
It is essential that management understand how to manage stress in themselves and others. This 4 week online coaching programme will teach managers how to:
- Understand the terms ‘pressure’ and ‘stress’ and the wider context
- Appreciate the legal implications of stress in the workplace
- Manage their own pressure and develop personal coping skills
- Recognise and manage stress in others
- Deal with difficult situations, e.g. anger, mood states
- Understand the support and further education available to them
If the organisation has delivered the Pressure Profile, we can group coaching sessions to help managers utilise data concerning their direct reports.
Option 5 – ONLINE Mental Health First Aid Training
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give participants:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit the number of people per course from 8-16 so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course receives:
- A MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it.
- A MHFA workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider